Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wow Moments

When was the last time you had a moment in your life when you just said: "WOW!" -- that's a Wow Moment. And when you have WLS, you get a bunch of those exciting experiences. It's one of the most fun parts of this whole experience.

But when you get to be 3 years post-op like me, those Wow Moments don't come quite as often and sometimes you forget how amazing those feelings were back then. In fact, I can't remember the last time I truly had a Wow Moment related to my WLS journey. But sometimes you can create your own Wow Moments and that's what I did today.

As I often do with this blog, I go back and read stuff I've written in the past. Partly as a way to remember what was happening at certain points in my WLS journey (often to answer questions from newbies and what they're experiencing) but also to fix crazy formatting stuff that happens with posts that are old (don't ask me why blogger screws stuff up, I'm clueless). So I was working on making a list of some of my favorite past Wow Moments and thought I'd check my 100 Ways series of posts I did in the first year post-op. Of course, the formatting was all screwed up, so I ended up going through several posts to fix that. But in the process I read what I'd written as I was losing weight and my life was changing.

As I relived those experiences of a couple years ago I started to have my own little self-created Wow Moment today. Some of the things that I was so excited about back then I now take for granted today. It's amazing how quickly you can forget how far you've come. Here are a few of my favorites:

  • I can cross my legs and love sitting that way - it's so comfortable! 
  • I had to move the seat in my car forward
  • New jeans! I bought a size 16 jeans last week!
  • I wore my new swimsuit this past weekend. Sat out in front of people with a sheer skirt/wrap on and was completely comfortable in a bathing suit. My self confidence is getting better for sure. 
  • I have a boney butt. My uncle used to tease me about this when I was a little girl and would sit on his lap, but it's been a long, long time since I've been accused of it.
  • I have made so many wonderful friends in the WLS community. Who would have thought that I'd lose so much weight and gain so many fabulous people in my life? 
  • My arms are skinny (well, up to the elbow at least - dang batwings!)
  • My walking group is scheduled to do 6.25 miles at tomorrow night's training and I'm not worried about it at all. No problemo! 
  • I can buy clothes in smaller size than I'm currently wearing and know I WILL fit into them eventually and it's real, not just a fantasy.
  • My BFF said I was looking skinny today. :) 
  • I walk taller and prouder now

100 Ways: 1-10
100 Ways: 11-20
100 Ways: 21-30
100 Ways: 31-40
100 Ways: 41-50
100 Ways: 51-60
Guess I need to keep working on my list of 100, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I actually fit in the seats in the movie theater and I can see my feet again I haven't done either of these in years. I am so happy I can enjoy a movie again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails