Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mulit-Vitamin Comparison

UPDATED 1/22/09 --- I've added some additional vitamins to the spreadsheet to include the new "bariatric" products. Be warned, just because a company slaps the word "bariatric" on the label doesn't mean it's a good choice for us after WLS. ---

I have done an extensive amount of research on the differences in multi-vitamins. I first started with the list of vitamins my surgeon recommended, then as I got additional recommendations from other post-op folks, I added those as well. My spreadsheet just keeps growing! I wanted the chance to view the nutrient values of all these different recommendations side-by-side to figure out which one would be the best for me.

My original plan was to do the prescription prenatal vitamins because it would be so much cheaper - but once I saw exactly what nutrients (or lack thereof) were included, I changed my mind.

My ultimate choice for multi-vitamin? I use Centrum. Chewables at the beginning, but now I'm using the normal pills. Two per day!

(Click the link below to download the file to your computer for further review.)

PRINTING -- to print the spreadsheet below, right click on the picture, choose "Print iPaper". Then in your printer preferences, be sure to change the orientation to "Landscape" before you print.


Multi-Vitamin Comparison Worksheet



10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your vitamin chart comparing it was really helpful to view and compare

    Kalahara*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool, Pam. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cool, I know this is an old post, but I am curious, does the chart total up the values when you take ALL the required doses in a day, or is it just for one pill?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Losermama -- the numbers in each column is the amount of nutrients in ONE pill. So if you take 2 pills in a day, you'd need to do the math to calculate the total nutrition you're getting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I looove your spreadsheet. I actually tried to start my own but then I seen yours and threw mine out the window lol. What brands do you take for everything else (calcium, iron, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the spread sheet still accurate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spreadsheet hasn't been updated since 2009. So it's likely that some info has changed or certain companies have changed their formulas. But feel free to download the spreadsheet and then go through and verify each vitamin brand for accuracy. At least you've got the format to work from so it shouldn't be too difficult to spot check the data.

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails