Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Love Edamame


Yep, I love edamame. Actually I've loved it for years. My friend Sarah introduced me to edamame in the pod when we ate as a Japanese restaurent while in Seattle several years ago. And I've used it on my own a lot since. But whenever I'd cook with it, I'd always just add it to whatever recipe I was making (beef vegetable stew or stir fry). But I've never eaten it just plain on it's own. That's what I did today for lunch though.

I measured out 1/2 cup of edamame (out of the shell) and put them in a bowl. Packed them in my lunchbag with an ice pack and off to work I went, like normal. Then at lunch I added about 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to the bowl and microwaved them for 1 minute. Add a generous dash of salt and enjoy!

If you've never tried edamame (which is the Japanese word for soybeans) then you must try them! I'm going to do some searching and see if I can find some simple recipes that feature edamame!

Enjoy!
~Pam

photo credit: http://www.kanalydesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails