Some key things I've done:
- I came across this old blog post - What it means to be on track - and it reminded me that I wasn't being kind to myself and I wasn't loving myself enough to make the right and healthy choices for my body. I needed to get that love back.
- I made some adjustments to my vitamins. Changed some chewables to swallowables. Changed some lower dose things to higher doses so I had fewer pills to swallow. Switched on tablet that was causing problems (didn't hold up in heat of summer) to a capsule instead. And a couple other minor changes. So in the end my vitamins are "easier" to deal with and less daunting to take. Still the same number of doses, just fewer pills and in better forms for me.
- I bought a new little pill box. Nikki said this pill box revolutionized her life - so I had to try it! It's at GNC for 99-cents and it has 5 slots inside to keep our pills separated. So I put my main pill dose in one slot, calcium in 3 of the slots and iron/Vitamin C in the other slot. I don't know why, but it seems to make it so much easier to deal with the day's worth of pills with this thing.
- I downloaded a new app for my phone called "Do it Again" -- you can set up alarms to go off based on a number of variables. I basically set it up so that when it was time to take a vitamin dose, the alarm wouldn't turn off until I physically turned it off. Then the second level of this is that my alarm can be named whatever I want it to be. So instead of it just saying, "take your vitamins" --- it says "no more screwing up!". Tough love, huh?
- I cleaned the house of any trigger foods, junk food... or even healthy food that I was treating in an unhealthy way.
- I got that cool new 64oz water bottle. That has made getting my fluids in much easier.
- I am making a conscious effort to be more active. Some formal workouts but mostly just doing more in my life that requires me to move more. Doing some major decluttering and furniture moving at the house ... walking in the sand on the beach enjoying the surf on my ankles instead of just sitting in my beach chair and watching the waves .... parking further away .... I know from my GoWear Fit wearing days that being active in life is just as beneficial as doing formal exercise. So that's my goal these days.
I've had folks ask me about the scale during this rebellion phase. It's basically the same as it's always been. I gained a few pounds while on vacation a couple weeks ago --- but is now gone and was probably just excess water weight from the over-abundance of simple carbs during that week. The scale doesn't move for me. Up or down or sideways. It's actually quite annoying because bad behavior isn't punished with gained pounds, but neither is good behavior rewarded with lost pounds. Instead I need to focus on my overall good health and made decisions for feeling the best I can and not on what the scale tells me.
But right now I'm in a good place. I feel healthy again and I feel like I'm doing all the right things for my body. It feels good to be back on track.
Thank you for hanging in there with me. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting you, my readers, down when I screw up like I have been lately. But the outpouring of love and support have helped me kick my butt back in line. You guys are awesome!