Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Hot Protein Drinks

There's snow in the forecast here in Michigan. Snow makes me want to hibrenate - curl up on the sofa with a fuzzy blanket and just get cozy with a mug of hot deliciousness. Over the past few years I've created several different hot protein drinks and I love 'em all. So in the spirit of winter and cold snowy days, I've compiled some of my favorite hot protein beverage recipes here.

Protein Hot Chai Tea
I've loved this since the first moment I tried it and I'm so happy others love it too. Over the past year and a half since I created this recipe I've received so many messages from people who tell me they finally found a way to get their protein in with this recipe. I love the spicey goodness!

Protein Coffee -- The Keurig Way or The Traditional Way
Have I mentioned how much I love my Keurig Coffee Maker? Not only can I make a fresh cup of coffee anytime I want one, but the selection of k-cup flavors is vast and delicious. One of my favorite flavors is Emeril's Vanilla Bean Bam mixed with a scoop of vanilla protein powder! When I'm at work, I mix up a mug of protein coffee in the traditional way with just a scoop of vanilla protein, some brewed coffee and a bit of creamer. (If you loved iced coffee, don't miss out on the Protein Ice Coffee mix I use.)

Caramel Apple Protein Hot Cider
Seriously delicious! With the addition of the milk and protein powder the hot cider comes out tasting like a cider latte. I love the cinnamon and apple flavor of this one.

Kristy's Vanilla Caramel Protein Tea
Very similar to the Protein Hot Chai Tea, but with a smoother and more mellow flavor. The sweetness of the Coffeemate creamer gives this drink a lovely goodness in your mouth. I always have a batch of this mixed up and sitting on my counter.

Protein Hot Cocoa
This was one of my favorite protein drinks right after surgery and it continues to be an old stand by. A nice variation of this recipe is to add a splash of SF caramel syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt -- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails