Saturday, June 26, 2010

Protein Iced Coffee

I just finished drinking a delicious iced coffee that was packed with protein. It's a warm evening and I'm feeling pretty lazy so didn't feel like eating a normal dinner. Plus I've been a bit snacky today, so dinner of protein iced coffee is probably a good idea to balance out a not-so-great eating day.  Here's how I made it:

6 oz skim milk 
8 oz water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
1 tablespoon Splenda
1 serving instant coffee crystals (I used Taster's Choice Coffee Stick)
ice

Add all ingredients to a large shaker and shake, shake, shake.  I used my old standby Rubbermaid 20oz water bottle, but a normal protein shake blender bottle would work too.  I added a long straw to mine and enjoyed it while enjoying the last of the evening sun on the patio. 

Yummmm..... enjoy!

~Pam






1 comment:

  1. This sounds great. We had company for dinner last night and having different company for lunch today so by the time I hit dinner tonight, I am REALLY going to be cooked and 'fooded' out. I just may try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails