Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camp Cooking: Bacon and Eggs

When camping you don't always have to cook over the fire. A portable George Foreman Outdoor Grill works great as a cooktop for meals. The first morning of my camping week began with traditional bacon and eggs - and fruit - and it was pretty delicious.

DSC_5781

DSC_5790
Because cooking bacon is messy I cooked the entire package of bacon all at once then stored the leftovers in a ziploc bag in the fridge for later in the week.  And rather than transport a dozen whole eggs while camping, I used Egg Beaters instead.

(Yes, I know it's strange to cook scrambled eggs in a saucepan, but that's all I had in the camper... and it worked just fine.)

I added a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese to the top of the soft scrambled eggs - cheddar cheese is my preference, but mozz is all I had so it worked.

And you'll see this pineapple again later in the week. One fresh pre-cored pineapple lasted me throughout the week for meals and snacks. It was a refreshing treat on hot afternoons.

More camp cooking to come soon...

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails