Monday, December 29, 2008

My Vitamin Schedule

I've been trying something different with my vitamin schedule lately. 


Since I added iron to my daily intake -- which needs to be taken alone on an empty stomach -- I couldn't make my previous schedule work for me. I also realized that instead of the 2000mg of calcium I needed to take I was actually only getting 1600mg because my doses are 400mg each, not 500mg. So I had to figure out how to fit a 5th dose in. 


So I'm attempting the "every 2 hours" thing. 


Throughout the day I have a total of 7 doses of vitamins and supplement to take and each dose needs 2 hours between them. I need to be awake for 14 hours in order to get it all in. Mmm... that's the first time I've actually done the math, seems a bit more daunting when I write it out like that. LOL!


As soon as I get my butt out of bed in the morning I take my first dose of calcium. Then every 2 hours after that I take another dose of something. Basically 5 doses of calcium+D, 2 doses of vitamins and various supplements and one dose of iron+C. I take the iron just before bed because it likes an empty stomach. I've been doing this for about a week now and it seems to be working pretty good. 


 If it gets too overwhelming, I will probably change up the calcium that I take and find one that I like with a higher doseage size (500mg or 600mg instead of 400mg). But for now, this seems to be working pretty good. 


~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails