Monday, December 29, 2008

Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms

In the midst of my terrible eating yesterday I threw some chicken in the crock pot for my lunches this week. It turned out delicious and so tender. Here's the recipe. Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms 1 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts 8 oz sliced mushrooms (I used Baby Bellas) 1 can cream of chicken soup (any "cream of" soup would work) 2 T. chicken bouillon powder 1 cup water (substitute 8oz chicken broth for the bouillon and water, if you have it) Place mushrooms and chicken into crock pot (I used frozen chicken breast tenders). In bowl mix soup, bouillon and water and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours. You're going to get a lot of sauce with this. After I dug out the chicken and mushrooms, I threw away the rest of the sauce. But you can use it to serve over pasta or rice or whatever. I used my kitchen scale and packaged the chicken into individual serving storage bowls with 4oz to 5oz in each ... the perfect size for lunches (about 28g protein). I also steamed some broccoli for a side dish to the chicken. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails