Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What did you eat last year?

Lately I've been bored with my food choices. I've been eating on the run so much in the past few months that I feel like I've forgotten how to cook or something. Ok, maybe that's not true since this week I'm having Southwest Chicken for my lunches. But I certainly feel very uninspired lately and need a way to boost my creativity.

So I decided to go back to my FitDay food journal and find out what I was eating a year ago. Luck would have it that I didn't actually record my food much last September. But one day in August I recorded the following:

August 18, 2010

Breakfast 1 -- Protein Chai Tea
Breakfast 2 -- Carbmaster Yogurt and strawberries
Mid-Morning -- Coffee with vanilla flavored creamer
Lunch -- Veggie stir fry
Dinner -- Pizza
Total calories: 1,145

Unfortunately that wasn't very inspiring. In fact, I had chicken and veggie stir fry for lunch yesterday and had some pizza this past weekend. So I went back two years to see what was happening.

September 9, 2009

Breakfast 1 -- Protein Chai Tea
Breakfast 2 -- Carbmaster Yogurt, fresh blueberries and Fiber One Twigs
Mid-Morning -- coffee with creamer
Lunch -- White Chicken Chili and pretzel crisps
Afternoon Snack -- grapes and cheesesticks
Dinner -- Turkey Mignon, carrots, and what looks like a salad of lentils, black beans and italian dressing
Bedtime Snack -- Quaker Rice Snacks and Chocolite Protein  Bar
Total Calories: 1,355

Well... this is a bit more inspiring. And actually interesting too -- look at how much food there is on this second example and still the calorie range is under 1,400. I haven't made White Chicken Chili in a while and I'm curious to recreate whatever that lentil and black bean salad might have been.

So what were you eating a year ago? Or two years ago? Have you forgotten about some yummy food you use to eat all the time but haven't had in a while?

Happy Cooking!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails