Sunday, May 17, 2009

White Chicken Chili

I thought this recipe was already posted here, but when I went looking for it, it wasn't. I originally found the recipe here. I make a few tweaks along the way.


White Chicken Chili Recipe

  • 2 lbs cubed boneless skinless chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
  • 2 (15 oz) cans great northern beans, drained (I like garbanzo beans so I usually do one of each)
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 7 oz sliced green chilies (I used diced)
  • 32 oz fat free chicken broth
  • 4 oz sliced jalapeno peppers 
  • 1/3 c fat-free half-and-half (I use skim milk)
  • 1 c fat free sour cream (or use greek yogurt for extra protein)
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt & pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until they are soft. Add the chicken, beans, jalapeƱos, green chilies, broth, & all of the spices and simmer for 1/2 hr. Add the sour cream & half-and-half (or milk), stirring frequently until hot. Great served over rice, or just by itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails