Saturday, August 13, 2011

Good Saturday Morning!

When life gets overwhelming and hectic and so busy you don't know if you're coming or going --- you have to decide which things get sacrificed and which need attention. Unfortunately my blog has been on the chopping block lately. Not that I'm happy about it. But it is what is is, at this point. It's not like I don't think of you guys, of course.

A quick overview of what's happening in my world:

  • I have 15 credits this term at school. I've normally been taking 8 credits and been swamped, so you can image what 15 credits is doing to my schedule. Thankfully my classes are staggered a bit so I'm already done with 5 credits for the summer. 
  • Right now Algebra class is trying to kill me but I'm determined to fight my way through (have I mentioned I hate math?). 
  • Summer is my final semester before I finish my Associate's Degree in Graphic Communication. I'll be an official college graduate on September 14th. Remember back in 2008 when I set the goal to "get my butt back to school" and I actually did it?! It feels good to be this close to finishing what I started. 
  • September 26th is the start of the Fall semester where I'll officially begin working on my Bachelor's degree in Digital Media Design. 
  • As I mentioned in my last post about technical stuff (which should all be fixed now) I'm in the process of building a new personal website that will include both my design adventures and my WLS resources. It's going slowly because of all the other stuff that's happening. It's definitely nothing exciting right now, but you're welcome to check it out at PamTremble.com
  • I've started a business with three friends who are also designers. We are called Four Effect. Things are moving at the speed of light and I'm excited to see what will happen next. If you need a team of outstanding designers to make your message pretty, just holler, we're always on the hunt for new clients. 
  • I'm considering buying a house and moving closer to work. I currently drive 150 miles a day for my commute and spend almost 15 hours a week on the road. With the start of this new business I feel like I need to capture those lost 15 hours and moving is the only way to do that. Unfortunately I own a home already and in my research so far, it doesn't look promising that I'll be able to sell for what I owe. I'm afraid this whole move-idea might have to wait a while but I'm still doing what I can to figure out a solution. 
  • I've been seeing a chiropractor in the past week or so. I've had ongoing problems with my neck and upper back because I hold most of my tension there and I tend to slouch and sprawl out when I'm at the computer (for way too many hours a day) -- it has finally caught up with me and I got so sore that I couldn't turn my head to the left without pain. So the doctor is crunching me, twisting and turning me and getting me back in alignment. The past couple weeks have been pretty painful, but I can definitely feel the improvement in the past few days. 
  • On the WLS front
    • the weight is the same as always
    • the eating and vitamin routine is ingrained in my life so I don't have to think about it much 
    • I could definitely use more exercise and less computer time
    • pushing water has been a habit lately
    • still attending support groups and leading my local support group
    • the book is slowly and surely getting finished

1 comment:

  1. At least you have a life Thank GD! My life is quite dull although I am home from hospital after my Abdominoplasty 8/8/11.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails