I have a new passion for my weekend mornings lately. Homemade vanilla lattes! You know I have a passion for something when I start taking pictures of it, right?
I recently discovered whole bean coffee in a delicious french vanilla flavor - Meijer Gold Whole Bean. I can't find it online for you because they sell it at Meijer (a local grocery store)... but it's similar to Eight O'Clock Coffee.
So here's my recipe - which really more of a step-by-step process to make a 12-ounce latte:
- Grind your beans and brew a pot of vanilla coffee
- Heat 6 ounces skim milk on the stove and allow the milk to scald - how-to video or instructions for doing it in the microwave
- Add scalded milk to mug
- Add 1-2 tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (I use Torani)
- Froth milk with a cool frothing tool - areolatte - or a whisk would work too
- Pour coffee into mug, stir slightly (being careful not to disturb the precious foam)