Friday, January 28, 2011

Making the right choices

Sometimes you actually make the right choices... Even when your emotions and cravings are screaming at you to make the wrong ones. Isn't it amazing how that works?

So yesterday at work was pretty stressful. There's a big project coming up next week (which is also why I've been MIA lately) and things are heating up as we approach deadlines on several aspects of the task list. I've also got school on Thursday nights so having to stay late at work made for a very rushed drive to class. Plus I needed to get some dinner on the way.

I've said before that one of my main triggers for emotional eating is anger. And boy was I pissed last night!!!  So I decided in my emotionally compromised state of mind that I was going to McDonald's and ordering a Big Mac, fries and chocolate chip cookies. (Yes I've eaten them before and no they don't make me sick.)

So I head for the drive-thru to place my anger-food order ... The speaker asks for my order and I start to speak. But what comes out of my mouth is not my Big Mac order. I was overtaken with by the Good Behavior Fairy and ordered oatmeal without brown sugar and a sf latte. Whoa! Where did that come from? Who knows! But it certainly was not a conscious decision on my part at all. I guess all that work in establishing good eating habits and making good choices has finally paid off so when I'm tempted to misbehave, I'm overwhelmed with the habit of good behavior instead.

I'm definitely not relying on this to happen regularly when I'm tempted to indulge in cravings and bad food choices... But it's nice to know it can happen.




-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails