Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello GoWear

In May I took off the GoWear Fit after wearing it for a year. I gave it to my mom so she could figure out how many calories she was burning and she wore it for several months. But I've got it back and I'm wearing it again.

My life is a bit different than it was in the Spring, so I want to get an idea of where my calorie burn levels are right now. I haven't been exercising like I used to because I've been spending a lot more time sitting in front of the computer writing my book.

So I want to see how well I'm burning calories right now and see if my eating is in line with what I'm burning. Which means I need to fire up FitDay again and start logging food for a week or two, just to make sure I am eating the amount of calories I think I am. (1200-1400 calories/day) I guess right now I just want to do a little check up on what my body is doing and to make sure I'm doing it all right.

If you haven't heard of the GoWear Fit (now actually called the Body Media) - you can read the past blog posts about it in the GoWear Fit Category. I honestly believe it's one of those tools that all WLS patients should have access to. Whether you buy one for yourself to use or rent one from a gym or clinic (they are out there, you just have to look hard for one in your area). I'd love it if surgeon's offices would have a supply of these devices and allow patients to use them for a time just so folks would have a better idea of how much to eat when they hit maintenance. So if you have the chance to use a GoWear Fit -- do it!

By the way, on another topic ... I don't think I mentioned that I didn't take that work-study job after all? Remember this post from a couple months ago when I said I was taking this little part time job and it'd infringe on a bunch of areas of my life.  Well, I decided I wasn't willing to make those sacrifices so I called and revolked my job acceptance. I'm glad I did.

~Pam

1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails