Saturday, October 30, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup Remix

DSC_8607
Nikki and Jen are at it again -- cooking up a storm and making us drool over their yumminess. It's Soup Week at Bariatric Foodie, were you cooking along with them?

I inadvertently cooked along by making a pot of soup last weekend before I realized it was Soup Week and happened to make my own version of one of their featured soups. But since Nikki and I seem to share the same brain (or something), I was on the same wavelength as the Pouch Party girls, so now it's a three-way-soup day!

A year ago I concocted a delicious Butternut Squash Soup recipe (click link for recipe) and since it's harvest time and squash is so abundant right now... I pulled out the soup pot and whipped up a batch for my lunches this week. As you remember in the post about Meal Planning, I usually cook one big pot of something on Sunday afternoon and then eat that dish for lunch every day of the week. Well this week it was soup paired with a side dish of some sort of protein. This week it was either my favorite Jennie-O Cracked Pepper Turkey from the deli or canned chicken topping a salad.

This evening I'm enjoyed my last bowl for dinner and paired with with fish.  If you have a Kroger grocery story nearby, check out the Private Selection (store brand) Pecan Encrusted Tilapia with Sweet Potato and Chipotle Sauce. Yum!

Thanks Bariatric Foodie for the shout out about my Butternut Squash Soup recipe. Can't wait to try your two versions so I can compare the deliciousness.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails