Some highlights of my vacation:
- 7 days camping in my parents' travel trailer - even with a few days of rain, it was still a wonderful experience to be cut off from the digital world and communing with nature
- 1 glorious afternoon on the Rifle River (pictured) in a kayak (I tried for another couple days, but the rain flooded the river levels so much that the DNR closed the river to boaters)
- 2 tourist days in Petosky and Harbor Springs exploring the towns and checking out all the fun boutiques, galleries and shops
- 6 books read, lots of notes taken for developing the blog, some writing done on the book project and lots of soul searching and journaling ... and a big long list of tasks I am challenging myself with (more on that later)
- 1 Jack Johnson concert that was awe-inspiring and heart-thumping (still have his new album To The Sea stuck in my head)
- 2 hours with a group of photographers on Saturday for the Petosky-hosted event for the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk. (Hope to have my photos posted later this evening.)
- 9 days of mostly healthy food choices with some strategically placed tasty treats for a bit of naughtiness too (recipes and photos coming soon)
One day I'd like to live closer to the water so I can step out my back door and be on the beach year round (which means moving out of Michigan and away from snow one day). Probably need to think about a retirement home somewhere, huh?
It's been a good vacation. It's good to be back home though.