Saturday, December 19, 2009

Relaxing and Enjoying the Season

I keep my calendar appointments on Google Calendar. I color code the different categories of my life so I can see at a glance what's going on. Usually the days are filled to the max with stuff so as I look at the coming days and see blank space, it makes me happy. I've got my support group meeting on Monday, but otherwise there is NOTHING at all on the calendar.
Nothing. Pure bliss!
There are a few things that I want to do while I've got the extra time. I've bought 3 new books in the past week and will be working my way through them. There's a photography exhibit at the Flint Institute of Arts I want to check out. The Temple Theater in Saginaw is playing It's A Wonderful Life this weekend that I'm considering going to. I haven't been to Barnes and Noble in a while - I like to go hang out with a cup of Starbucks coffee and just browse the books. The Harvest Coffeehouse has live music lined up this weekend and if I have the time I'd like to go listen. So there's plenty to do. But it's all play stuff, so that's good!
I'll be working this week - Mon, Tue, Wed - then have Christmas Eve and Christmas off. Same for next week too. I actually like working these two weeks for the holidays because the office is quiet, phones don't ring and you can catch up on work or even bring in your own stuff to work on while all is quiet. It's nice and relaxing.
So my evenings will be filled with lots of nothing. Relaxing. Playing. Enjoying the season. Gathering the energy I'll need when the new semester starts and life gets crazy again. Life is good.
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails