Friday, August 21, 2009

Race Eve

Tomorrow is the 10-mile Crim race. Last I heard there were about 18,000 race participants signed up with about 5,000 of them doing the 10-miler (they also have a 8k, 5k, 1 mile and a few other races all on the same day). So I'll be in the huge crowd at the startline tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. The race is broadcast live on the local TV station and also on their website. See if you can pick me out of the crowd - I'll be the one in a yellow tank top and black shorts. LOL! So today I'm in prep-mode. I'm hitting the water hard today to be super-hydrated for the race. I'm also not limiting carbs much today so my muscles have the glycogen stores they need to get me through the race. Since the alarm goes off at 5am tomorrow, I'll be hitting the hay early tonight for some good sleep. I'm so glad to be walking tomorrow with Karen and possibly Lynn -- both fellow WLS gals who have trained hard this summer to finish the race. April, Lisa, Dennis, Jim, Candise and Mike will also be doing the race tomorrow -- all folks who have had WLS or have been training with us the past few months. I'm hoping to get a group picture! It's exciting to see this opportunity to achieve another goal approaching so quickly. I'll definitely be glad when I cross the finish line and know I have done this again! ~Pam

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Pam! I can't wait to hear your race report! 10 miles is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails