Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes

My beautiful friend Nikki is an amazing cook and she's so generous with her recipes and food knowledge. And now she's gotten me hooked on pancakes! She's evil, I tell you... pure evil! Check out her video (her first live cooking demonstration) on how she makes Carbquick pancakes. 


They are SOOO delicious. Because I don't have time during the week to cook breakfast before I leave for work, I've had this for dinner the past two nights. I've modified her big recipe to accomodate my single-serving needs. But before I give you my recipe, let's talk about Carbquik first. It's a low-carb baking mix made from carbalose flour. With only 2g net carbs and 3g protein... this is a great choice for WLS folks. I bought mine from www.Netrition.com but it looks like it's also available on Amazon.

Carbquik Blueberry Pancakes 
(Pam's modified version of Nik's creation) 


1/3 c. Carbquik Baking Mix
2T no-sugar-added applesauce
1 capful Divinci SF vanilla syrup (in the coffee aisle)
1T Splenda
1 egg
fresh blueberries


Mix all ingredients except blueberries. The mixtures should be very thick. In a hot skillet spritzed with cooking spray, drop mixture into small pancake medallians. Immediately plop some fresh blueberries on top of these pancakes and shove the blueberries down into the mix. Flip when ready. Serve with blueberry sauce or SF maple syrup (I don't always like syrup, so I use the blueberry sauce instead). 


Blueberry Sauce
1/2c frozen blueberries
2T Splenda


Mix together and microwave in small bowl for 1 minute. Stir and smash the blueberries with a spoon. Use instead of syrup on top of pancakes.

Thank you Nik! I bow to your greatness!
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails