Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Planning Food

So what happens when I just wing it and don't plan my food for a few days? Any guesses?

I get carby. Really carby. 

If I don't have a specific plan for what I'm going to eat at each meal and what I'm going to have for snacks, I find that I reach for easy carbs. A rice cake with peanut butter, a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, a piece of fruit and sometimes even not such good choices like bread and pasta. I kind of always knew this about myself, but this weekend was a pretty big reminder.

 It's just too easy for me to grab the easy choice instead of taking the time to make a protein shake or fixing something like a grilled chicken breast or a steak. It's not that I don't enjoy eating dense protein - I do enjoy it! I mean, who doesn't love a juicy steak with a side of delicious veggies? It's my favorite thing. 

But sometimes I'm just lazy and don't take the time to cook. Or like this weekend, I was busy doing other stuff and didn't want to take the time to cook. I also had the kitchen torn apart doing some Spring Cleaning (yes, I know I'm late) and used that as an excuse not to eat healthy.

I tend to plan meals pretty religiously during the week when I have to pack stuff to take to work. On workdays I eat 5 of my 6 meals either on the road or at the office, so planning is required. But when I'm home things are much more lax. And now I'm about to face 5 full days at home on a mini vacation. So I need to stay on top of the meal planning thing and not let myself go carb crazy. Just some ponderings...

 ~Pam

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking it's the weather/time of year...I am so in that sam boat withyou Pam. I have been over-carbing and on horrendous things (not veggies) the past week or so. I'm WILLING myself to stop as of today - L-rd knows I hope it works!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails