Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome 2009

Happy New Year!  I'd like to wish you all  happy, healthy and prosperous 2009.  
It's odd that I don't feel like it's New Year yet.  Like I've mentioned before, we had our final Christmas celebration today.  We've found that if we do the big family Christmas gathering on any other day, everyone is rushed to get to somewhere else ... but doing it today lets us all hang out and enjoy a relaxed day.  
I was definitely not looking forward to another huge mega-feast buffet today though.  I'm tired of all the food that I've been faced with for the past 6 weeks since Thanksgiving.   My dishes to pass today reflected my craving for healthy food.  I brought a big tossed salad and a sugar free cake (I'll post the recipe later).  I also made some cute olive penguins (I'll post those too).  So instead of the big plate of turkey and ham and mashed potatoes and stuffing and gravy and green bean casserole and baked beans and sweet potatoes and homemade bread.... and a million other bites.  I cut up some turkey breast, put it on top of a pile of mixed salad greens for a delicious and satisfying salad.  I had a small side of broccoli & cauliflower salad and a slice of ham.  Otherwise... pretty much just a salad for dinner.  Perfect.
The cookie and dessert buffet was tempting and had some favorite on it.  I had a few small Christmas cookies throughout the day.  The sugar free cake I made was delicious and actually tasted better than any other sweets I tried.  
Overall... I'm pretty happy with how well I ate today.  And I'm so thankful the official holiday season is over and that my fridge is not filled with leftovers that I'll regret eating.  I'm looking forward to the coming year - today was a good start to it. 
~Pam

1 comment:

  1. You know, previously, with every New Year on the calendar, I was always feeling two distinct things. One was "here's my chance to 'start over', follow a good eating plan, get fit, get healthy" and "it's another year of being unhealthy, overweight, fat with all that bagge it brings along with it." Usually the second thought ruled my outlook on the year to come.

    Not any more. Although I still consider this journey a day-to-day challenge, I'm excited by it, happy that I've come this far, and looking forward to another healthy and healthful year - for all of us!

    Happy New Year and happy new us!

    Cyndu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails