Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy Beef Casserole Recipe

So I actually cooked this week. It's been a while since I've done my weekly ritual of making a big pot or pan of something and eating it all week for lunches. Normally I make some variation of an Eggface casserole with chicken and veggies and cheese. I kinda did that this week too. But instead of chicken, I had found a sale on beef roast and used that instead and threw in whatever I could find in the fridge or freezer or cupboard. Here's what ended up going into the pot:

Crazy Beef Casserole

1 lb beef roast -- cut into cubes
1/2 c. Italian salad dressing
1/2 c. water

In a large skillet with a cover, slowly cook the beef in the dressing and water. Let it cook slowly to ensure the meet is tender.

In the meantime, do some chopping...

3 baby summer squash and/or baby zucchini (I used 2 zucchini and 1 summer squash)
1 small onion
8oz. sliced mushrooms (I used baby bella's)
1/2 c. frozen edamame beans (beans only, without pod)
1 can diced tomatoes - drained
1/2 can black beans - drained and rinsed (these were left over in the fridge from salad fixings)
1 package TGIFriday's frozen spinach and artichoke dip - thawed
1 small package cheddar cheese (I think it was 8oz)
1 capful Italian Mixed Seasoning (spice mix includes basil, oragano, parsley, etc.)

Once the beef is cooked and tender, set it aside. Add all veggies and spices and dip to the skillet and let it warm through. Add the beef to the pan and mix through. Dump the whole thing into a 9x12 baking pan and top mixture with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. It's a colorful concoction but is sure is delicious!

 ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails