Friday, August 22, 2008

Why I Choose Chewable Vitamins

To chew or not to chew? Are chewable vitamins better for us than pills, tablets or capsules? Personally I feel more comfortable staying with the chewable vitamins and calcium because I know 100% sure that the pill is broken up and mixed with saliva (digestive enzymes) before it even hits the pouch. If you swallow a whole pill it first has to dissolve in the pouch -- or if you take it with water, it's probably washed straight through to the intestines. How long does it take that pill to dissolve? Even if it's less than 30 minutes, how far down the digestive tract has that pill traveled and will it stay in my body long enough to release all it's nutrients before it hits the large intestine where very little absorption takes place? I don't know any of those things for sure and haven't been able to find any scientific evidence of one being better than another for WLS folks. But my logical brain tells me that chewables are best for me and my peace of mind.

1 comment:

  1. This makes total sense to me. I eat chweable vitamins too. I just had some blood work done and I am low on quite a bit of things so I am sure I will be making some adjustments soon.

    Congrats on the Crim.. What a wonderful accomplishment for you and what a great accomplishment on the 100 lb mark.. I can't wait to get there myself. I have set a goal of Sept 10th for my 100lbs so we will see.

    Once again GREAT JOB!!! You should be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails