Thursday, August 21, 2008

What the Crim Training has Done for my Health

As you know - because I blabber about it so much - I am just finishing up the 15-week training program through Crim Fitness Foundation. The race is just 2 days away and I'm going to go pick up my rack packet this afternoon. As part of the training program they offer Health Screenings. You go in before training begins then again after it's done - in this case, I went last night. They check your weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and body fat percentage. Seems like I've done pretty amazing! Check out my numbers: (top number is pre-training, bottom number is post-training) Weight 220.4 lbs 198.4 lbs Body Fat % 45.7% 38.4% Total Cholesterol 136 129 HDL (Good Cholesterol) 37 50 Cholesterol Ratio 3.7 2.6 Blood Pressure 118/60 110/70 Some thoughts:
  • I love Hurley Health and Fitness's scale! That 198.4 weight was taken at 7:00 in the evening after a full day of eating and I was fully clothed and it's still 1 pound less than my scale at home. I'm not using that number officially, of course... but it was fun to see.
  • I have been working hard to get my HDL cholesterol number up. That's the good cholesterol and the ideal level is anything above 50. You increase it with healthy eating and exercise. So it seems I've done a good job in this area and just need to boost it up a bit more.
  • The body fat percentage is looking pretty good. My goal is to be at about 20-22% which is a healthy athletic range. 38% is still in the obese category, but at least I can see that it's going down steadily.

Look for a couple more posts about my Crim experience in the next day or two. I can't believe the big day is already here! And before I know it, I'll be starting my next round of training for The Brooksie Way!

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails