Friday, January 18, 2008

Comprehensive Holistic Wellness Plan

I mentioned last week that I'm going through a 10-week group therapy session with my psychologist's office (it seems to strange to say "My Psychologist" - it's not like I've ever done anything with him besides get my psych eval for surgery, but suddenly I'm being very possessive).

Anyway, this 10-week session is called the Comprehensive Holistic Wellness Plan.

Throughout the sessions we'll explore various areas of our lives, set goals and develop a plan for our overall wellness. Some of the areas we're covering is not just the expected health and exercise, but also financial health, spiritual health, vocational health, emotional health, the health of our relationships and more. We've had 2 sessions so far and I'm still very excited about where this is leading me.

I'm in the midst of some very BIG life changes right now - this surgery kind of forces you to make those big changes, doesn't it? So if I'm making all these changes, why not have a plan and specific goals to follow? (Guess I need to blog a little bit more about how I'm feeling emotionally and what changes are going on in my life at the moment, huh?) So anyway.... The Google-Head that I am had to go find definitions for each of the words in the title of the program we're doing. Comprehensive Holistic Wellness Plan.

Seeing the definitions really help to get a clear picture of what this thing is all about.

Comprehensive Of large scope; covering or involving much; inclusive; covering completely or broadly; extensive understanding

Holistic Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts. Emphasizing the organic or functional relation between parts and the whole

Wellness The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort.

Plan A scheme or method of acting, doing, proceeding worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective

More later ...
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails