Sunday, November 11, 2007

1 Day 18 Hours 39 Minutes

I added a countdown timer on my Google homepage. The time is ticking down to my surgery day and everything is a bit surreal with how quickly the big day is approaching. Wow! I’ve still got a To-Do List to work my way through, but most of the things on it could easily be eliminated if I needed to. Although, “finish client project” can’t be ignored. Gotta get the first phase of that album project finished and in the mail so she gets it before Thanksgiving. (I create custom scrapbook albums using other people’s photos.) I’ve got about 6 hours worth of work still to do before it’s ready for mailing. Knocked out a solid 3 hours last night. I’ll work on it a bit tonight and a bit tomorrow. I’ve lost about 13 pounds so far (12.7 to be exact). The liquid diet has been tolerable, I suppose. There have definitely been several very hard moments. I cheated with pizza once but otherwise I’ve been true to the plan. Tomorrow’s program is a bit different because instead of the standard 3 protein shakes, 1 soup, 1 fiber drink…. I need to have 7 protein shakes from a special box that came in the kit. Not sure if it has a different nutritional balance or some special additive. Who knows. Hopefully it tastes good since I’ve got to drink so many of them. Everyone keeps asking me if I’m nervous. I’m really not. I have complete faith and trust in my surgeon and the primary physician who will be in charge of my care while I’m in the hospital. I know I have no control over the actual surgery itself – and I’ve done everything I can to prepare myself for the healthiest surgery possible. So I’m not nervous about that. Mostly I’m anxious and eager. I’m SO ready to begin the next phase of my life. I’ve already bought the groceries I’ll need when I get home from the hospital. My kitchen cabinets and pantry has all been cleaned out and reorganized. I’ve read and reread my surgery book – the instructions I received from the nutritionist. I’m ready. The countdown clock is still ticking away. It’ll be here before I know it.~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails