Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sleep, Weddings and Friends

Sleep Study ... it's been scheduled for the evening of May 23rd. I have to arrive at 8:30 p.m. and will be released the following morning around 6:30. They are sending an information packet. I can't help but wonder what in the world I'm going to do between 8:30 and the time I normally go to bed around 11:00. I'll keep you posted. Maid of Honor ... my sister is getting married and has asked me to be the maid of honor. We went dress shopping last week (bridesmaid dresses, that is). I gotta tell ya - nothing can make a fat girl feel even fatter than trying on bridesmaid dresses. There were exactly 3 dresses in the entire store that were in my size and all of them were basically the same. I feel bad for my sister because the dress she originally picked out doesn't come in my size. I hate to be the cause of her disappointment. Friends ... who knew that I would come to enjoy having girlfriends. Ha! I'm normally a loner and tend to distance myself from people. I rarely make very close friends or even casual acquaintences. Why? Who knows. But that seems to be changing now that I've found myself in the midst of the WLS arena. The women I've gotten to know through our monthly support group meetings are amazing and I've come to think of them as my friends. Our next meeting is coming soon (next week) and I'm already looking forward to connecting with them again. It makes me happy. More later... ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails