Thursday, April 26, 2007

What a difference a good doctor makes

I found a new doctor! And I like him. After the bad experience of my previous doctor, it was refreshing to finally meet with someone who listened to me, responded to my questions and concerns and actually took the time to hold an intelligent conversation with me. My new doctor is much more knowledgeable about nutrition and dieting and he is taking proactive steps to help me get healthy – and not just my weight, but other things too. The big thing that came out of that appointment was about sleep. He’s sending me for a sleep study, but he’s already sure that I’ve got sleep apnea --- which seems to be causing other problems regarding my health. He told me to go home and Google “sleep deprivation” and see how closely I thought it matched how I was feeling. I was amazed at what I found out. Who knew lack of sleep could cause so many problems! I’m waiting for a call from the doctor’s office to find out when the sleep study is set for. I’m a bit anxious to sleep in a strange bed with people watching me all night long --- but I know it is best for my health, so I’ll deal with it. I’ll keep you posted on how things go… ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails