Monday, May 21, 2007

Don't let doubt stand in the way

Christine Kane sings songs and makes CD’s and has concerts and stuff. She also has an amazing blog that I’ve been reading for a couple months. I stumbled across her blog in one of those roundabout ways – some site links to another site which links to someone else’s site until you eventually find your way to an amazing place you want stick around for a while and explore. And all the time I’ve been reading her blog, I’d never even heard any of her songs. (I think I’ll remedy that today, though).

Today Christine wrote about doubt. Self-doubt to be exact. The type of doubting that paralyzes us and prevents us from reaching for our dreams. Something she said really struck a cord with me and I wanted to share it with you.

We’re scared to face the grief that might arise when we realize how we’ve put off our dreams for so long. We make our desires out of reach because we’re scared to begin. We’re scared to realize that all this time it has been possible to take action to reach these goals and dreams. Begin with baby steps. Doubt will still show up and demand faster progress or bigger rewards. But the goal is not to appease or even to get rid of doubt. The goal is to take action and fumble in the general direction of happiness in spite of doubt.

What is standing in the way of your dreams?
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails