Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Wonderful Monday ...

My best friend and diet partner is in town this week. Normally we're 600 miles or 12 hours apart and talk only on the phone or online - it's so nice to hang out and see each other face-to-face for a change. We actually shared our first "live" meal together where we sat across the table from one another - not talking on the phone while we each ate in our own respective states. That was a fun experience. hehehe

We are officially OFF our diets this week. A visit to Frankenmuth last night and a family style dinner of the famous Zehnder's chicken and ribs was amazing. (If you're ever in Michigan, you must visit Frankenmuth!) We stuffed ourselves and still had a ton of leftovers. Guess what I'm having for lunches this week? LOL!

I'm looking forward to the dessert I won in a bet a few months ago - chocolate valcano from Don Pablos. Yum! This will be the first time I've had dessert in several months!

So in my brief time with my friend yesterday, I've come to realize something. Sometimes we can find ourselves in a state of mind where we are taking our friends for granted. They are always just "there" and easy to reach out to when we need them. Sometimes we forget how amazing a true friend can be. The visit this week is making me realize how very special our friendship is and how much I treasure the special times we share together.

So my advice to you today: Hug a special friend today and tell them how much they mean to you.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails