Monday, October 29, 2012

Baked Eggs

Not long ago I found an intriguing recipe on Pinterest for baked eggs. The idea was to make eggs like they do at McDonald's so you can make homemade Egg McMuffins. I thought I'd try them by adding ham right into the tin to see how they turned out. As much as I love english muffins, I also wanted to be able to eat these without being in a sandwich.

So first, you spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Then add about 1 tablespoon of diced ham. Add one egg (try to leave the yolk in tact). Add a bit of salt or other seasoning -- but be careful, the ham is already salty so you don't need much.




Bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are just about set. I like my yolk runny, so I make sure to watch them carefully. I added some cracked black pepper and enjoyed the eggs for breakfast fresh out of the oven. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails