Thursday, November 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

I was watching Oprah the other day (stop laughing at me!) and she was interviewing Marie Osmond. Something Marie said really struck me and I wanted to share it. You know I'm a research freak and need to learn as much as I can about stuff related to weight loss surgery -- and I've been known to say "knowledge is power". But Marie's version of this phrase is much better.

Knowledge is Power. 
Wisdom makes us Strong.

Knowing about how weight loss surgery affects our lives is essential. Knowledge about your body, how it works and how to overcome the emotional issues that brought us to morbid obesity -- all that knowledge is powerful to possess. But we must also have the wisdom to know how to apply that knowledge to our lives and how the knowledge we have can change our life. With the application of that knowledge comes wisdom. And that wisdom will make us stronger in our Journey to a Healthier Me.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails