Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Fall in Michigan

The last of the leaves are falling from the trees and there's a bite in the air that hints autumn is nearly over and the next season is upon us. I love driving along the back roads when someone is burning a pile of leaves - that smell takes me back to my childhood and bring good memories.

DSC_7497

These photos are from my long weekend in Northern Michigan. The fence above is at a Rest Area just outside Grayling. I almost always stop here when I'm driving north because it's such a beautiful setting - a long split rail fence runs along the edge of a pond with hundreds of trees creating a canopy over a picnic area. Across the pond is a golf course where the grounds are all perfectly manicured and adds to the beautiful view. 


Rogers City

This road is in Rogers City, where I stopped to visit the Knaebe Apple Orchard on my drive home. The picture can't give justice to the gorgeous view I experienced. It was truly breath taking. 



DSC_7517


As much as I hate snow and winter in Michigan... I equally love fall and the amazing colors we're given in these late autumn months leading up to the freeze. I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful place with God's creation all around me, reminding me what an awesome world He has provided to us.

~Pam

1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails