Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Friend Tammie


Tammie's new kissing buddy
 Have I told you about my friend Tammie? 

Tammie had the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy about 14 months ago and she's lost over 100 pounds so far. She's a member of one of my support group meetings and she's always so cheerful and optimistic about her journey and her new life after WLS.

Her journey has not been easy, though. She started this path with many complications and a few unpleasant stays in the hospital.  But you'd never know she had these struggles now. She's an amazing success and such an inspiration to me and the other members in our support group. She always has a smile on her face and is willing to share whatever tips or tricks she's learned along the way.


"He eats a lot and seems a little wild... I like him!"
(Are those Fruit Loops she's feeding him?)

What I love about Tammie is her caring spirit. It's normal for me to open my email inbox and find a note from her with just a few kind words that brighten my day.  "How was your week?"  or  "Did your presentation go well?"  or  "Enjoy your vacation! You deserve it."  It's so refreshing to receive an email from someone who is solely focused on wanting to check up on me and make sure I'm having a good day. It's not a polite, "how are you doing, now here's my problem, can you solve it" type of message, it's a true and real inquiry about how I'm doing. That never happens anymore, does it?  I love it!


Today in my email box she said this:
I wanted you to know I met a new "friend" while in the Upper Peninsula. He eats a lot and drinks a lot and seems a little wild.....I like him!

LOL! Gotta love a leading message like that. I thought she found herself a new man or something! But no, she sent along these adorable photos of her and a baby black bear. How fun!

So if you know Tammie and appreciate her as much as I do... tell her! And next time you see her, give her a big hug. Just because she's so awesome!

~Pam

2 comments:

  1. And for all the reason you listed I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding Lead Story. Thank You.

    Tammie knows Good People when she sees them! Being from the UP myself, I can identify!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails