Sunday, September 12, 2010

Autumn Roasted Vegetables

I had some left over roasted vegetables in the refrigerator from my meal planning adventures and some left over heirloom tomatoes from the Farmer's Market. Plus, I needed a dish to pass for the family reunion today.

DSC_6841
Leftover roasted veggies.
So I used Nikki's idea for Veggie Hash and came up with this recipe:

Autumn Roasted Vegetables
  • 3 sliced thick-cut bacon
  • 3 cups roasted vegetables
  • 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
  • 2 cups large diced tomatoes (big chunks)
  • 1 tablespoon pre-minced garlic (or fresh)
  • 1 t. red pepper
  • 1 t. chili powder
  • salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Heirloom Tomatoes from the Farmer's Market
Red, yellow and purple
In a large skillet cook off the slices of bacon (if your house is like mine, you might also want to disengage the smoke detector during this phase). Remove bacon but leave the drippings in the pan. Add the mixed roasted vegetables (mine was squash, zucchini, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, onion roasted with Mrs. Dash). Add spices, corn, tomatoes and garlic and let it simmer for a few minutes. Add the crumbled bacon at the end and mix in.

I then transferred the mixture to a baking dish so I could easily re-heat the pan when I arrived at the family reunion. I could also have put it in a CrockPot to keep it warm.


DSC_6880
Autumn Roasted Vegetables



1 comment:

  1. Those roasted veggies just keep looking better and better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails