Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Jack Johnson Concert

OMG! I can't believe I am actually going to see Jack Johnson in concert! I've had this silly grin on my face ever since I bought my ticket this morning.  So here's the story...

I'm on Jack Johnson's email list and get updates on tour dates and new CDs about once a month. Every month I go check out his tour dates and dream about going to see him in Austrailia or New Zealand or Hawaii (his usual tour locations).  Imagine my surprise and delight when I see he's got a concert date in Michigan!!!  July 20th - perfect timing since I'll be on vacation that week too.

So I rushed over to Ticketmaster and bought my ticket. It'd be fun if I were going with someone else, but I've got no concert companion, so I'll go alone. Which is fine. Cuz who cares, right? Jack will be there and that's all that matters.

I discovered Jack Johnson's music about 3 years ago and still love his work - you can't get tired of his sound, it's the perfect chill-out music.  Around the time I discovered Jack, I also discovered Amos Lee. I went to see him in concert a couple summers ago and he was amazing too.  For those who know me - you know I've been to very few concerts in my life (it all started with Michael Bolton, but we won't go there right now).  So this is a huge treat for me and I'm thrilled I discovered the tour date before it was too late.

For your listening pleasure...

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I'll be out of town when he's in Dallas. So much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous too! I wish he were coming to Austin. I love Jack and Amos Lee too. Have you heard of/listened to Ray LaMontagne and Brandi Carlile? They are two of my favorites and kind of fall in line with Amos Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails