Sunday, November 22, 2009

2 Year Labs

I'm a bit late getting my labs drawn for my 2 year follow up. But then again, my 2 year appointment isn't happening for another 2 weeks. Going on vacation kind of threw off my schedule, huh?
So the gals at the lab were so nice yesterday. Full of fun and laughter. Of course they thought I was nuts when I told them I wanted to take a picture of my blood after it was drawn. LOL! She asked if I wanted to take a picture of the needle in my arm. Umm... I drew the line there. In fact, I'm a total wimp and can't even look at the needle going in or sitting in my arm for several minutes.
So there it is. My 10 vials of blood. For us WLS folks, we need to give a bunch of blood to make sure that all we get all the right stuff tested. If you're not sure what needs to be done... check out this list. I also keep a spreadsheet (downloadable from that link too) -- so I can see all my labs post-op side by side. This has helped me over the past 2 years to spot any downward trends in my lab results and take corrective action before it becomes a deficiency.
My predictions?
I predict my ferritin will be even lower than it was at 18 months out. I also predict my copper is low again (my nails are a mess). I also expect my Vitamin D to be on the high end - nine days in the Florida sun will likely boost that number higher than what it normally would be.
I'll know in a week or so, right?
~Pam

1 comment:

  1. I always have to give around 15 so you are lucky! My Dr runs everything under the sun to make sure everything is alright.. The last time I did it was 15 and the nurse was concerned because she wanted me to eat before I left. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails