Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thyroid?

A month or so ago I was having a conversation with the head RN and also the director of my surgeon's office. I was talking to them about my lack of weight loss. Telling them my workout routine, my eating outline, how many calories I was burning vs eating... and that no matter what I did I couldn't lose weight. And that I've been stalled for essentially 10 months. Both ladies told me to be checked for thyroid issues. At least to rule out the possibility of that being a problem affecting my weight. I put it off figuring I'd just add that test to the round of labs being run in December at my next appointment. But lately the scale has been misbehaving. I've been fluctuating between 185 and 190 for the past 10 months. But in the past few weeks it seems to be hovering closer to the 190 end of that range and sometimes popping over 190 and then back again. So this is kicking me into action, I guess. I have the lab slip and will get blood drawn tomorrow morning. We'll see what it says. Not that I'm hoping for a bum thyroid or anything... just that I want to know one way or the other so I can move forward with figuring out what is really going on. I'm pretty pissed at my body right now. I really wish that stupid theory of "calories in vs. calories out" was true and actually worked - because if it worked, I'd already be at my goal weight - months ago. I'll keep you posted. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails