Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bikers Butt

My butt hurts! Who invented those tiny bike seats anyway? Don't they know we have bigger butts than that?!
So my doc recommended I try a different exercise besides walking because of the problems I've been having with my knee and the ongoing injury of my ankle.
I've been considering buying a bike and getting into cycling. Before I invested the money though, I wanted to give it a try. It's been years since I owned a bike and needed to make sure it was going to be something I'd enjoy. So I borrowed my nephew's bike and when for a spin. Actually I went about 12 miles this evening.
The good news --- I loved biking! It was so fast and I covered so many miles. While walking one of my biggest complaints is that it takes so long. So I loved that I could go so far and have the wind blowing in my face. Lots of fun.
The bad news --- My knee killed me! (The butt thing is just a side bonus.) In fact, my knee hurt so bad that for several hours after the bike ride I was limping when I walked.
So I guess buying a bike is out of the question. Saves me a few hundreds bucks, but not I'm back to the drawing board to find what works for the knee.
~Pam
PS -- the pic here was taken with my Palm Pre while I was out riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails