Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Calorie Game

I've been using my GoWearFit for 10 days now. Over the weekend I ran my first 7-day report that averages everything out and gives me a good overview of what I've done for the past week (it also does bi-weekly or monthly reports too). So here's the low down: Calories Burned per day: 2300 Calories Eaten per day: 1240 Calorie Deficit: 1060 At the support group meeting last night I talked to the other 3 people in the group who have BodyBuggs. Mike in particular because of his amazing success. He was stalled for 6 months but when he got his BB he was at his goal weight within 3 months (I think he lost 40lbs or something like that after buying it). He confirmed what I guess I already knew. My calorie deficit is too big and I need to close the gap. He suggested a deficit of 600-700 calories - which is where he saw weight loss every single week. The other two gals agreed. I had already come to a similar conclusion on my own, but was too afraid to say it out loud. This freaks me out. Seriously. Freaking out over here. Because that means I need to eat 1500-1600 calories/day at my current rate of exercise. And my exercise is only going to get more intense as my workouts get longer and more frequent in prep for the big races coming up. From the research I did yesterday, we don't want to jump calories suddenly ... but rather gradually over a few weeks. So I guess that's my plan.

I hope I don't regret it.

~Pam

1 comment:

  1. I have been checking this out for the last few weeks and like your friend Mike last night - I thought it would get me moving toward my goal as I've been the same weight give or take a pound for more than a year now. But I'm afraid I won't understand it. . . I'll pick your brain over the weekend and see it work first hand - maybe than I'll be sold.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails