- What are the different types of protein supplements?
- How do I find the right protein supplement for me and my tastes?
- How can a single scoop of vanilla protein be transformed a hundred different way?
- What are some sources for recipes for protein shakes?
- Besides protein supplements, what are some good sources of protein from food?
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Let's talk about protein
Right after RNY surgery our tiny new pouch of a stomach can only hold about 2 ounces of food or full liquids. It is nearly impossible for us to get all of our daily protein needs through food alone -- so we must supplement that little amount of food with additional protein supplements. One of the most common questions or the most common complaint I see on the WLS forums is about protein. Confusion about what kind to use. Confusion about why it tastes so horrible. Confusion about recipes and how to prepare shakes. Lots of questions. And I answer as many questions as I can. But for those of you who know me, I tend to be lazy. I like to write stuff once and just refer back to that information over and over again. Ya know... copy and paste! It seems like I've been typing a lot about protein lately, so I'm going to evoke my right to be lazy and write a bunch of stuff here on my blog that I can later use in my copy/paste escapades. I'd like to do a short series of posts here on my blog about protein.