Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Whew!

Yes, I've been scarce for the past week or two, I'm sorry.  
Each year at this time I am involved in a huge project at work that takes up a lot of my time both at the office and home and also requires me to put in some overtime.  It's a high-stress time but thankfully requires me to use some of my event planning and "fire"-fighting skills that usually get ignored most of the year. The event was last night!  It was a huge success, as always.  I'm back to my normal routine again until the next big event in June/July.
I got home last night at close to midnight and a long hot shower washed away most of the remaining stress of the past week.  My feet still hurt this morning from all the running around I had to do, but when I think back to when I did this event at 300 pounds - I almost feel energized. My head is still pounding from not drinking enough water yesterday ... so I'm pushing fluids today to try an make up for it.  
So I'm back on the blog routine again.  I've got a few things I want to share with you in the next couple days.  You've got to see my new gadget - it's so cool!  I talked to a personal trainer who specializes in nutrition at last night's event... gotta share what she said.  I'll report in on how those free weekends are going.  And tell you about the "intensity challenge" my best friend has issued to me.  And did I mention I bought a belly dancing skirt/scarf?
And the really cool thing?!  I've been checking my blog traffic stats lately and you guys are amazing!  I'm trending at about a 50% increase in traffic in the past couple months.  Who are all you new people?  Give me a shout so I know where you are.  I love you all!  
Ok... off to make some breakfast and do some meal planning for the day (I'm at home today- enjoying the day off).  If you want to see what's on the menu today, check my FitDay link over there on the right.  Talk to you all soon.
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails