So how did I do with my 2008 New Year's Resolutions? Pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Here's an update on each goal.
1. Continue on my Journey to Health by following my surgeon’s rules, being smart about my food choices, exercising like a crazy woman and focusing on my emotional well being.
Success! I'm so close to my goal weight and I've achieved so many fantastic goals and milestones along the way. I'm still on track and doing great.
2. Follow my Retirement & Emergency Savings Plans (which includes a savings account for a trip to Italy for my 40th birthday!!!)
I won't go into detail on this, but let's just say I am rocking this goal!
3. Learn to knit
Thank you YouTube! I learned to knit and quickly became addicted to making felted bags. Lots of fun.
4. Develop my photographic skills and immerse myself in the hobby of photography
I've definitely played a lot this year. Even bought a new lens and have loved my camera even more since I bought it. Did two weddings which were pretty big deals for me. And just this past month I joined a new photography social group which I think will be a lot of fun.
5. Go to more events – movies, plays, concerts, museums, productions and shows. There are tons of opportunities all around me and I'd like to do more this year!
This past weekend I hit the local coffeehouse for a little local music and the next day went to a charity concert that featured three different bands. I've been to a number of plays both big and small and I'm hooked on the independent films shown at the local historic theater. I've used Google Calendar to keep track of all the possible events going on in the tri-city area so on any given weekend I have 3 or 4 different activities to choose from. It's fun to be a tourist in your own town!
6. Get your butt back to school
The new semester starts January 8th and I'll be signing up for a class or two in the coming weeks. Tuition is so expensive!! sheesh!
7. Purge the clutter. (Storage room cleaning project begins next week!)
Although I worked on this a lot this year ... I still have a long ways to go. I've donated so much crap to thrift stores and sold so much stuff at the yard sale this summer -- I'm surprised there's anything left. But I still want to continue to simplify my life and clear away the stuff I don't need. This goal will be going back on my 2009 Goal list.
8. Make new friends, but keep the old. (One is silver and the other gold.... sorry, couldn't resist.)
The friends I've made in my three different support groups are amazing. So many wonderful people. I've also recently joined www.meetup.com and a few local groups. Yesterday I met my new photog group and tomorrow I'll be joining a women's group for dinner.