Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Joined the Gym

After much procrastination and much hemming and hawwing .. I finally joined the gym. Two years for a total of $202, so I felt like I got a good deal. It's open 24 hours during the workweek and also are open on weekends. Since it's near my office I'll just be using it after work during the week. The gym branch that is nearer to my house (90 minutes away from the office) is also available to me for a daily useage fee if I need to use it.
They also offer some classes during the week - yoga, pilates, aerobics, etc. I'll be meeting with a personal trainer to get a workout routine set for myself, then I meet with him again every month to adjust my routine as I progress.
Unfortunately the gym I finally decided on (there were about 4 to pick from) is the one that is slightly out of my way once I leave the office in the evenings. Knowing myself, this could become a factor in skipping workouts. It's only a few minutes in the other directions, so it really shouldn't be a big deal. But I need to be very conscious about making sure I don't let that become an excuse.
I'll keep you posted on how things go.
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails