Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Struggling with Weekends

So I've been having problems staying on-plan during the weekends. I sleep late which throws off my morning eating schedule, then lunch runs late and I find myself snacking instead of eating a normal meal... and it just goes downhill from there. It's the lack of a regimented schedule on the weekends that do me in. I do great during the week when everything is already planned out for me. Last week I challenged myself to have a "good weekend." I did very well and stayed on schedule and recorded my food intake and got my workouts in. But this weekend was another train wreck. And being a holiday weekend didn't help matters much. It's not that I eat bad foods. It's that I don't stay on my eating schedule. So instead of 3 meals, 1 protein shake and 1 snack that I'm suppose to do each day ... I might eat 1 or 2 meals, 2 or 3 snacks and if I'm lucky I'll get a shake in there somewhere. For instance, on Saturday my lunch was a serving of soy crisps and a couple dill pickle spears. Totally not "off-plan" -- in fact, it's a solid 10g of protein, but it's not exactly dense protein that sustains my hunger for 3 or 4 hours. So then after a lunch like that I'm ready for another snack an hour or so later. Grab a cheesestick and another pickle and I'm good for another couple hours. Dinner was better with a salad topped with grilled chicken, but I didn't eat it until 9:30 p.m. See.. not bad food. Just bad timing. If I let myself get back into those old habits of grazing on snacks and small lazy meals throughout the day, eventually I'll start putting bad food back into the mix. Bad idea! Right now I don't keep food in the house that is not on my OK'd list. So even if I'm snacking on stuff at the house, it's all healthy food if eaten in moderation. I need to work harder and stay more focused on the weekends. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy, so I need to buckle down and get my head on straight. Next weekend is packed with stuff to do (OH Conference on Saturday & flea market on Sunday) so I'm going to need to plan, plan, plan and stick to that plan. I'll let you know how I do. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails