Sunday, April 20, 2008

An Article Every WLS Patient Should Read

There's an article published in the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy about how medications and nutrients are malabsorbed after weight loss surgery - gastric bypass specifically. I found this article while doing some research on how calcium is absorbed in a patient with no stomach acid. But this article contains so much great information about our new digestive system that I think every WLS patient should read it. I also think every doctor needs to read this article as well. I'll be taking a copy of it to my PCP at my next appointment in a few weeks.

Click the link near the top of the page that says
"manual download" and the PDF version will appear.
 

So go read it. Print it. Keep it as a reference. Share it with others and share it with your doc.

~Pam

3 comments:

  1. I tried to read the articles, but they want a subscription. I dont have the extra money to spend right now. Thanks for sharing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just clicked through to the link and its working fine for me. Here's the direct link for the full text: http://www.ajhp.org/content/63/19/1852.full

      Delete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails