Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Woes

So the family got together at my parent's house for the traditional mid-afternoon Easter dinner. Mom, Dad, Sis and her kids, Brother and his family, Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt and Uncle... all 14 of us crowded around the table to enjoy each other's company and the feast my mom put together. I started my day out just fine with my typical protein hot cocoa and a light lunch/snack of soy chips before heading over to help mom at around 12:30. I remembered to take my camera, so actually got some cute shots of the nieces and nephews (of course they're still on the camera, so I don't have any to post with this message). The kids had their Scavenger Egg Hunt where the Easter Bunny leaves a clue for each of the kids and they have to find the next egg on the trail. Each egg after that has a clue stuffed inside telling them where to find the next one. Eventually they get an Easter basket at the end of the scavenger hunt. Everyone had a great time. Dinner was delicious, but somewhat of a disaster for me. I had a couple bites of ham, a couple bites of cheesy potatoes, roasted veggies and homemade noodles. And suddenly I realized something was very wrong. Not sure if I'd eaten too fast, hadn't chewed enough or if something just didn't agree with me -- but I was feeling very sick. Of course, true to form I never actually vomit immediately when I feel sick or when something feels stuck. So I quietly sat at the table being miserable while everyone continued their meal around me. Eventually I got overheated and needed to go outside to get some air. Still no vomiting. Sat back at the table and waited for everyone else to finish. Then helped clear the table and clean up the kitchen. Still feeling yucky. Overall, besides dinner, Easter with the family was good. It was nice to see the kids have fun with their egg hunt and get some cute pictures of them. So later at home it was about 8:00 p.m. and I knew I needed to eat something for dinner. But my tummy wasn't really agreeing with that sentiment and didn't want anything. After calculating my calories and protein for the day on FitDay I knew I didn't have a choice - I needed to eat. So I settled on another protein hot cocoa - figuring that it's normally soothing and easy. Oh No! Not this time. Within 30 minutes of drinking it I was feeling yucky again. Sorta felt like I had something stuck and sorta felt like I was dumping. So I gave up and just went to bed to sleep it off. It took me a while to get to sleep and I even pulled the trash can over close to the bed since it felt like puke-city. Hate that! In fact, hated that feeling so much I was crying as I laid in bed feeling miserable. And for any of you who know me, I simply don't cry very much at all. The next morning I felt much better but still a bit leary of what my tummy would be doing. So I stuck with soft foods and liquids most of Monday. Now that it's Tuesday things seem to be back to normal again. Thankfully! So --- isn't that an exciting story of how Easter 2008 went for me?! ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails