Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Vegetable Frittata

Remember the "I crave variety" post? Well I found a couple recipes that are pretty darned yummy. Today I'll share the Vegetable Fritatta with you. I modified a recipe I found in Eating Well After WLS cookbook. I'm 4 weeks out and I can't actually finish the entire Frittata ... but having this delicious variety in my diet is a lifesaver! And everything in this recipe is on my approved food list! Pick Your Veggies (I used) 1 small yellow summer squash 1 small zucchini 1 small head of broccoli 1 package of sliced white button mushrooms cherry tomatoes Chop your veggies (except the tomatoes) into tiny pieces (pencil eraser size). Or larger pieces if you are further out from surgery than I am. Store all the chopped veggies in an airtight storage container - they will keep in the refrigerator for a week or more. I keep the cherry tomatoes in their own container and just halve a few as I need them. Time to Cook In a small frypan spray a bit of butter flavored cooking spray and saute about 1/4c of veggies. Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together 1 egg, a tablespoon of water, salt, pepper and a bit of dill. When veggies are soft, add the egg. Swirl your pan to be sure the egg covers the entire surface of the veggies. Cover and let cook until egg liquid is nearly set. Sprinkle 1/4c of shredded cheese on top (I've tried cheddar and Parmesan). Place pan under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden. Enjoy! This recipe will give you about 12g of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails