Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Variety - I crave variety!

I'm 2 weeks post-op and I'm bored out of my mind. I wish I had a wider variety of foods I could eat. I'm tired of my choices. I guess technically I do have a pretty wide variety of choices ... it's just that many things on my list I don't like or it doesn't make sense to make a big batch of something just so I can eat 1 or 2 ounces of it. For instance hummus and liverwurst is on my list. Ummm... no thank you. I've had egg salad for several days, getting tired of that. I've had refried beans, taco sauce and melted cheese for several days, getting tired of that too. Peanut butter and crackers is pretty yummy, but I'm approaching the "tired of that" stage with it too. I definitely need to do some research and find some more variety for these next 2 weeks... I've got a few WLS recipe books so I'm sure I'll be able to find something good. My protein shake situation isn't good at the moment. I bought the 21-sample pack from www.enjoyhealth.com. This was a great idea and I'm glad I did it! However, I'm down to the last half of those samples .... the ones that didn't sound all that great and got pushed off to the end. Now I've got things like Apple Ecstacy and Fruit Punch and Lemon Tea --- ya know, the strange ones that don't sound that great. I did discover that I love the Champion Whey Cookies -n- Cream flavor --- so I've got a tub of that ordered and on the way. I've discovered that I don't like the Wal-Mart brand powder now that I'm post-op. Seems to be a bit gritty and I've got a half tub of the chocolate left. So I'm suffering through what I've got left for the next few days until my order arrives. I still need to find a good vanilla powder I love so I can use it as a base for the recipes I've got lined up. The hour-by-hour schedule that Hurley handed out has been invaluable for me. It's really helped me train myself in setting up a workable eating and drinking schedule. I've inputed the schedule into my PDA and get a reminder alarm everytime I need to do something (eat, drink, take a pill, etc.). Even though the alarm is annoying at times, it certainly helps to keep me on track. So far.... lost 27.5 pounds. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails